Sunday, May 10, 2009

Pictures of the progress so far as of May 10th, 2009.

With the help of Patrick, I was able to pull the motor last week. Dirty would be an understatement for the condition it was in when pulled. I soaked it down with engine cleaner once it was out and pressure washed it until it looked like the pictures below. It is the original engine and I am planning on having it rebuilt with a 200cc piston/cylinder as well as electronic ignition and a 12V conversion. I hung the frame up from the rafters so that I could continue to strip her down to get the frame ready for the media blaster. The cowls, seat frame, and glove box are being acid dipped this week to rid them of paint and any surface rust. I should be able to pick them up Friday. I will post pics when I get them. The fuel tank came out VERY nice.

The Sgt. sent me a helmet, new decals, and a USPP shoulder patch this past week. I will take pics in a day or so. As a little hint, these items that he just sent are absolutely awesome!




No comments:

Post a Comment