Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Pictures of the super rare police scooter windshield








Here are pictures of the super rare Vespa police windshield. I purchased this complete with the lower vinyl wind deflector. I will go out on a limb and say these may be the only pictures of this vintage windshield on the internet. I searched the internet for weeks trying to find a good picture of what this windshield looked like with no luck. I have cleaned up the aluminum and replaced the clear insert with a high quality acrylic thicker style insert to make her look new again. I may have the vinyl lower insert reproduced since it is not in the best of condition. The mounts are angled strange so I may need to do some modification on those before I mount it. This is a really neat vintage piece that was needed to complete the restoration. All of the hard to find parts have been found!

1 comment:

  1. Ive a similiar piece, but the the clear piece has scratches, how did you replace the clear piece? as i can't figure out how to remove it...

    I appreciate if you can share, faizal.abdulrahim@live.com.sg.

    I'll be glad to send u some pictures of mine as well.

    ReplyDelete