Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Good news from the Sgt.

I had the pleasure of speaking with the Sgt. last night. He shares the same interest as I on this scooter. Tony is a super nice guy that is really going to great lengths to help me put the Vespa back together as it was originally. Tony has located 2 original side decals and even a period USPP helmet for it! I am really excited to see these items and will take pictures to post when they get here. Tony also mentioned that the Metro DC police department may have a windshield since they hardly ever get rid of anything. I am going to put out some calls to see if I can get to someone in the motorcycle division or property office. The Metro DC is a very large department so I think it is going to be a challenge. We'll see. I purchased a couple of parts from ScooterPartsDirect last Friday. I now have a new fuel petcock, Haynes manual, and oil site glass. I sent the fuel/oil tank out to have it acid dipped to remove all the rust and paint. The fuel tank should be ready this Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment