Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Some updates for the last week of April

It looks like I may have found a NOS lower windshield cover up in NJ at Scooter Originali. I am awaiting pictures to make sure it is the correct one. Gene and I spoke about the possibility of converting the engine to 12V and upping it to 200CC. The NOS lower cover would be a great start to my windshield quest. I also met Eric today from American Scooter Center in Texas via the telephone. He has seen one of these windshields and had several ideas as to how to make a new one with more readily available parts. Eric may also have some of the actual parts to one of these windshields as well as other hard to find parts for the Rally 180. Eric was very knowledgeable and we had many similiar interests including this scooter and the history behind the USPP. I look forward to working with Eric locating the parts needed! No word yet on the fuel tank de-rusting but I should hear something by Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment