Friday, April 24, 2009

The reason this blog was started...

This blog was started because of the fact that little(virtually nothing) was found on a 1972 Vespa Rally 180 Scooter that I recently purchased. This very unique scooter was used and purchased originally as a United States Park Police scooter back in the 70's. I purchased this scooter because of the history behind it and the fact that it had survived through the years still intact and identifiable as a Police Bike. This blog will tell the unique story behind the scooter, the complete restoration as it unfolds, and a little bit about the people that are helping as this journey unfolds. I will also give some detail into the history of this very prestigious and historic police organization. I hope to find out as much as possible as fellow historians and enthusiasts learn of this police scooter. I hope those that follow will find this as interesting as I do.........Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment